Empowering through Food Entrepreneurship
The Big Tex Business Masterclass series was created to help increase the number of small business entrepreneurs in the food and beverage industry. This project is a dynamic education series for entrepreneurs created through partnerships by the State Fair of Texas. The goal of the program is to take existing businesses and educate them on how to implement successful business operations and disciplines while creating a collaboration of networking and providing opportunities for growth and exposure. Completion of the program is not an automatic acceptance to the State Fair of Texas but it allows a behind-the-scenes view and insight into what it takes to be a Food and Beverage Vendor for the State Fair of Texas.
This five-month cohort comprised of 7-10 businesses will have classroom, mentoring, and hands-on opportunities for growth and exposure to the industry.
• May 5: Applications are due by 5:00 p.m.
• May 10: Taste Testing
• April 17: Applicants are notified
• June 1: Big Tex Masterclass sessions begin
• June 15: Masterclass session
• June 29: Masterclass session
• July 13: Masterclass session
• July 27: Masterclass session
• August 10: Masterclass session
• August 24: Masterclass session
• September 7: Masterclass session
• September 14 – 21: Participants are paired with Vendor Mentors
• September 29 through October 22: 2023 State Fair of Texas
• November 2: Big Tex Masterclass Graduation Ceremony