You are the future of Texas agriculture.
The State Fair’s mission is built upon agriculture, education and community involvement. We are proud to host youth from across the state as we celebrate Texans and our states rich agricultural history.
The State Fair invites teachers and students to experience each of these pillars through several activities throughout Ag Awareness Day.
When they arrive, students will support the local community by participating in a canned food drive. From there, they will embark on an educational scavenger hunt across the grounds.
The day will conclude with a special agricultural message and the recognition of youth leadership and development organizations in the state.
In order to receive complimentary admission to the Fair on Ag Awareness Day, a donation of canned goods is required. Ag Awareness Day at the Fair is October 8, 2019.
INFORMATION FOR 4-H/FFA/FCCLA ADVISORS
• Pre-registration is NOT needed
• Arrive between 7:00 am – 10:00 am – be early!
• Check in at the Ag Awareness Day Hospitality Tent inside Gate 15
• Receive fair admissions for your students
• Receive Ag Awareness Day Passports for your students
• Drop off collected foods for donation to the North Texas Food Bank
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
• 10:00 am – 11:30 am – Scavenger Hunt Competition on the fairgrounds
• 11:30 am – Food Drive and Scavenger Hunt Prizes Awarded, Chevy Main Stage
• 11:45 am – 12:30 pm – Celebrate with Special Performance on the Chevy Main Stage
INFORMATION FOR BUS DRIVERS
• Exit off I-30 to Dolphin Road
• Right on Haskell Avenue
• Left into Gate 15