Join us on Wednesday, October 12 for the 2022 Ag Awareness Day.
You are the future of Texas agriculture.
The State Fair’s mission is built upon agriculture, education, and community involvement. We are proud to host youth from across the state as we celebrate Texans and our state’s rich agricultural history.
The State Fair of Texas invites teachers and students to experience each of these pillars through several activities throughout Ag Awareness Day.
When they arrive, students will support the local community by participating in a canned food drive. From there, they will embark on an educational scavenger hunt across the grounds.
The day concludes with a special agricultural message and the recognition of youth leadership and development organizations in the state.
In order to receive complimentary admission to the Fair on Ag Awareness Day, a donation of canned goods is required.
INFORMATION FOR 4-H/FFA/FCCLA ADVISORS
• Pre-registration is NOT needed, but please have your donation count/weight ready to share with Fair staff prior to arrival.
•Arrive between 7:00 am – 10:00 am – be early!
• Check in at the Ag Awareness Day Hospitality Tent inside Gate 15
• Receive fair admissions for your students
• Receive Ag Awareness Day Passports for your students
• Drop off collected foods for donation to the North Texas Food Bank
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
• 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Scavenger Hunt Competition on the fairgrounds
• 12:00 p.m. – Food Drive and Trophies Awarded, Briscoe Carpenter Livestock Center
INFORMATION FOR BUS DRIVERS
• Exit off I-30 to Dolphin Road
• Right on Haskell Avenue
• Left into Gate 15