It's a big job!
Thank you for your interest in working for the State Fair of Texas. The State Fair of Texas Administration Offices are open year-round and require a hard-working, fun-loving staff to prepare for each yearly Fair, as well as the many other initiatives the State Fair produces as a nonprofit organization. Click the button below to view any available jobs for State Fair of Texas administration.
State Fair Seasonal Employment
Join Big Tex’s Seasonal team! Working at the State Fair of Texas is just as fun as a visit to the annual event. If you’re an outgoing, friendly, and energetic person who likes to celebrate all things Texan, join the Big Tex team. The State Fair, in partnership with its vendors, exhibitors, and concessionaires, has numerous seasonal positions to fill, making it one of the premier expositions in the country.View Seasonal Job Opportunities
Full Time Jobs at the Fair
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AVAILABLE JOBS
Manager – Network Administration
Manage and maintain the network technology. Install, configure and maintain physical servers and virtual computers, as well as all desktop units. Install, configure and maintain LAN/WAN, including, but not limited to fiber, T-1 lines, DSL lines, radios and Wi-Fi. Maintain employee network, email, file and print servers. Oversee the daily operations of all computer networks; including but not limited to hardware/software support, special projects and training.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Manage computer hardware, software, and networking for the State Fair of Texas. Coordinate and troubleshoot department computer needs, including hardware, software and networking.
● Ability to plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, peripherals and networks necessary for all fair time operations. Prepares project plans that outline expected tasks and activities.
● Plan and deploy LAN/WAN infrastructure.
● Evaluate and coordinate with the hardware and software suppliers, negotiate and place necessary orders.
● Plan the budget for network, recommend proper software and hardware such as routers, hubs, hard
disks, wires, etc., for networking, understanding the type and use on the network, ensuring
operations meet approved budget levels.
● Administer and maintain the database servers that are hosted by the State Fair of Texas.
● Configure and set-up new servers and other requirements needed by the network.
● Administrate the State Fair’s email servers and manage the email system.
● Maintain the company’s anti-spam and anti-virus applications needed to protect the network.
● Supports the internal employee network.
● Train and update all SFT staff on network administration, computer software and computer hardware.
● Maintain and monitor all wireless connections and fiber connections.
● Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints and new developments.
● Recruit, hire, train, counsel and discipline department employees.
● Establish department schedules designed for maximum effectiveness of the department.
● Work additional hours immediately before and during the State Fair performing other duties (e.g., ticket taking, coupon sales, guest relations, etc.).
● Support the Mission Statement of the State Fair of Texas.
● Perform related duties and responsibilities as required and other duties as assigned.
● Comply with all internal, state and federal regulations.
● Complete all training as directed by management.
● Familiarity of network operating system, specifically Microsoft based networking programs, i.e.
Active Directory, Exchange server, SQL server, etc.
● LAN Knowledge
● Network Design and Implementation, specifically as it relates to a Windows based environment.
● Cisco Radios and network switches.
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office or comparable products
● Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
● Project Management Skills.
● Strong organizational and logical thinking skills a must; advanced problem solving skills.
● Customer service skills required.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or a related field.
● Three to Five years experience in network or a technology related field.
● Microsoft certifications: Desktop Administration; MSCE or MSCA a plus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED and EXERCISED
● Reports to Director – HR/IT and receives additional direction from CFO/SVP.
● Works independently with minimal supervision.
● Staff management as directed.
● Office environment; exposure to computer screens.
● Working outdoors in various weather conditions and on uneven and/or slippery surfaces, as necessary, especially during Fair time and special events.
● Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for
– Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
– Moving short and long distances to access office supplies, meet guests, perform duties within Fairgrounds, etc.
– Climb heights.
– Verbally communicate with both internal and external contacts.
– Occasionally lift objects no more than 50 pounds unassisted.
To apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.