application deadline is March 1, 2023
The livestock department at the State Fair of Texas is proud to announce we are currently accepting applications for our 2023 livestock internship program. The ideal candidate for this internship is a student who is passionate, possesses the drive to be successful, has a positive attitude, and has a desire to grow both personally and professionally. Our internships are paid full-time positions. Ideal applicants are industry-passionate, hardworking, team players seeking valuable work experience. The application deadline is March 1, 2023.
Requirements to Apply:
- Students must be classified as a junior, senior, graduate student, or recent graduate at the end of the 2023 spring semester.
- COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for applicants.
- Basic knowledge of or previous involvement in livestock shows.
- Students enrolled in degree programs relevant to agriculture are preferred, but not required.
**Underclassmen are not eligible for these internship roles. Short-term (3-7 days) internship opportunities are available for underclassmen (as well as upperclassmen) during the show through our partners: Tarleton University, Texas A&M University, and Texas Tech University. More information regarding these short-term opportunities will be available in August 2023.
- Equine & Rodeo Events Intern
- Livestock Office Assistant Intern
- Agriculture Education Intern
- Grounds & Operations Intern
- Youth Development Contests Intern (2 available)
- Special Events Intern
For more information on internships, contact Emma Christensen, Livestock Manager, at email@example.com.