The temperature here in Texas isn’t the only thing starting to sizzle – your tastebuds might, starting June 5, 2022. Eight State Fair of Texas concessionaires will be featured across three brand-new episodes of “Carnival Eats” airing on the Cooking Channel. Tune in to see the behind-the-scenes preparation of your favorite Fair food. The episodes will air as part of the show’s ninth season. Filmed during the 2021 State Fair of Texas over the course of six days, it is currently the longest consecutive shoot in “Carnival Eats” history.
Mark these dates on your calendar and join our concessionaires in their booths as they cook up some of their iconic creations:
- Season 9, Episode 7, titled “Okla-Hoagie”
- Airs on May 5, 2022
- Features Tom Grace of TS Food Systems; Chris and Sherry Howard of Scrumbscious Pie Company
- Season 9, Episode 9, titled “Under Texas Fries”
- Airs on June 19, 2022
- Features Chris and Sherry Howard of Scrumbscious Pie Company; Angel Young of Stuffed Wings; Tom Grace of TS Food Systems; Michelle Edwards of Highland Park Soda Fountain
- Season 9, Episode 11, titled “Doughboy Does Dallas”
- Airs on July 3, 2022
- Features Amber Fletcher of Fletcher’s Original State Fair Corny Dogs; Kerston Crawford-Thorns of Pearlie’s Southern Kitchen; Sherri Kusak of Hans Muller; Greg Parish of Gourmet Royale
“Having the opportunity to participate in an episode of “Carnival Eats” was phenomenal,” said Angel Young, co-owner of Stuffed Wings, who will be featured in episode nine. “We never thought our stuffed wings would be featured on a national level – we’re still giddy just thinking about it! We are grateful and humble for the experience and the amazing opportunity we were given from the Fair.”
We recommend preparing a snack while you tune in, so your tastebuds don’t get lonely. You can learn how to make some of the most iconic Fair favorites online at the Big Tex Cooking School, which is available on our website. Or, if you have the discipline, you can hold out for the 2022 State Fair of Texas and try these creative concoctions for yourself! The 2022 State Fair of Texas opens Friday, September 30, and runs through Sunday, October 23, 2022, in historic Fair Park.