A time-honored tradition at the State Fair of Texas, the AT&T Red River Showdown between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners has been played at the State Fair since 1929. With an 11:00 a.m. Central Time kick-off, the State Fair is urging fans to arrive early to make sure they have plenty of time to go through security, not only into the fairgrounds but also into Cotton Bowl Stadium for the game. The Fair is also urging fans to be aware of the clear bag policy for Cotton Bowl Stadium by visiting BigTex.com/football.
Below are a few reminders for those attending the game at the State Fair of Texas on Saturday, October 8, 2022. All times are in Central Time.
- Due to an 11:00 a.m. local kick-off time, the State Fair will open early to allow fans to arrive and enjoy the Fair before game time, so plan your travel to the fairgrounds accordingly.
- Your game ticket includes admission to the most iconic pre-game party of the year, the State Fair of Texas.
- State Fair Will Call opens at 6:30 a.m. The Will Call booth is located just outside of the fairgrounds at 816 S. Second Ave.
- Official State Fair parking lots are located at gates 2, 6, 11, and 15. All gates will open at 7:00 a.m.
- The Fair encourages fans to take exit 48A towards Haskell Avenue off I-30.
- Rideshare (taxi, Uber, Lyft, Alto, etc.) drop-off and pick-up will be located at Gate 1, which is located at Gurley Ave & S. Haskell Ave. (4200 block of Gurley Avenue).
- Coupon Booths and Online Coupon Pick up Centers will open at 7:00 a.m.
- Purchase coupons ahead of time at com and skip the long lines. Pick up your coupon orders at a Hospitality Center instead of a Coupon Booth. Be sure to bring your driver’s license and the card used to purchase the coupons in order to pick them up.
- Hospitality Centers and Information Booths will open at 7:00 a.m.
- Outdoor concessions, in addition to concessions inside the Tower Building Food Court, will open at 8:00 a.m.
- The State Fair of Texas Midway will open at 8:00 a.m.
- All exhibit buildings, outdoor exhibits, and indoor concessions (except the Tower Building, which opens earlier) will open at 9:00 a.m.
- Gates to the Cotton Bowl will open at 9:00 a.m.
- Game tickets will be scanned at the entrance to the Fair and at all Cotton Bowl gates as you enter the stadium. Be sure to download your game tickets and save them to your phone before arriving at the fairgrounds, in case of any connectivity issues.
- Based on the current weather forecast, we remind all fans and fairgoers to stay hydrated and apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- For the safety of all game attendees, a clear bag policy is in effect for all events at Cotton Bowl Stadium within Fair Park. Visit com/football for more details.
- DART trains and buses will become more crowded as game-time approaches and at locations closer to Fair Park. For DART schedules, visit org/schedules.
- The Fair has metal detection at all pedestrian gates including walkthrough metal detectors. Please read any signage and listen to gate attendants for directions upon entry.
- For a list of items allowed and not allowed at the Fair, visit com/faq.
- For a list of prohibited items in the Cotton Bowl, visit com/football.
- After the game, be sure to stick around to enjoy the fun and attractions the State Fair of Texas has to offer. See the Powell Brothers perform on the Chevrolet Main Stage at 3:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m., take in the ALL-NEW Kroger Starlight Parade throughout the fairgrounds starting at 7:15 p.m., enjoy fireworks at the Mattress Firm Illumination Sensation at 8:00 p.m. along the Esplanade, and American folk duo, Jamestown Revival perform on the Chevrolet Main Stage at 8:30 p.m. The Fair is open until 11:00 p.m.
- For a map of the fairgrounds, visit com/map.
- For a full schedule of events, visit com/schedule.
All game tickets include admission to the State Fair of Texas. With more than 100 things to do, all included with admission, the State Fair of Texas is the best tailgate experience of the year. The 2022 State Fair runs through Sunday, October 23.