State Fair of Texas Guest Code of Conduct
The State Fair of Texas is a nonprofit organization that’s mission is to celebrate all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. We want to make sure the Fair is a fun – and safe – place for all our fairgoers, vendors, and Tex Team members.
When you join us on the fairgrounds and attend the Fair, all fairgoers are expected to respect and abide by the following rules:
- We expect all fairgoers to be Fair-friendly and respectful of your fellow fairgoers.
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, offensive, or illegal is not allowed on the fairgrounds.
- Disruptive running is not allowed on the fairgrounds.
- Improper or illegal use of motorized scooters or similar items will not be allowed. Dangerous behavior or failure to abide by scooter rules will result in loss of privilege to operate a scooter and subject the offender to possible eviction from the fairgrounds.
- After 5 p.m. Minors Policy: As of 2023, starting at 5:00 p.m. daily, all minors, age 17 and under, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone (21+) when they enter the Fair. Parents, guardians, or chaperones may accompany no more than six minors 17 years of age and under.
- In addition to our safety measures on the fairgrounds, we also encourage guests to lock their vehicles and ensure they have properly stowed away any personal items or valuables.
- Entry to the fairgrounds is contingent on a security screening process. All guests will be screened for weapons either by a walk-through or hand-held detection device. Bags, purses, coolers, and similar containers will be searched to determine if any illegal, prohibited, or suspicious items are present that may pose a safety or security concern within the property. For a full list of prohibited items, visit: BigTex.com/FAQ.
- We ask that everyone remain “Fair Aware.” If you see something that doesn’t look right on the fairgrounds, please say something to a uniformed police officer or State Fair Safety Team member. Let’s all do our part to keep the Fair safe.
- Dress appropriately for a family-oriented and mostly outdoor event. Clothing must adequately cover the body. Visible undergarments are not permitted. Guests may be asked to remove masks, hoods, or other clothing that obscures the entire face of the person. Clothing likely to provoke a disturbance or involve other guests in open conflict is not permitted. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Not staging any form of public event or protest, soliciting, or distributing information of any kind without the prior written approval of State Fair of Texas management or security personnel.
- Not leaving bags or baggage unattended. Any unattended bags are subject to search and possible seizure.
- Only registered service animals that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements are allowed. No pets are allowed. Dogs and other animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. The State Fair of Texas reserves the right to deny access or require removal of any service animal that is disruptive or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
- Observing the hours of operation of the State Fair of Texas and its vendors, and promptly leaving at the close of business hours or as otherwise directed by State Fair of Texas management or security personnel.
By attending the State Fair of Texas, you agree to abide by all the Fair’s rules, including all health and safety rules. Violation of these rules may cause forfeiture of your admission ticket and removal from the premises. For additional rules and legal disclosures, please refer to the back of your State Fair of Texas admission ticket or visit BigTex.com/FAQ.
State Fair of Texas management and public safety personnel reserve the right at any time to disperse crowds or remove any person or groups of people from any area of the property when necessary or otherwise deemed appropriate. Any person engaged in any unlawful activity may face criminal prosecution.
The State Fair of Texas respects the rights of all individuals and pledges the equitable enforcement of these rules, reserving the right to define and interpret conduct that may be unacceptable and to modify the terms of the Guest Code of Conduct at any time.
The State Fair of Texas appreciates your cooperation in adhering to the Guest Code of Conduct.