Nestled in the middle of Fair Park sits Cotton Bowl Stadium, the historic home of the iconic Red River Showdown, State Fair Classic and other gridiron matches.
The State Fair of Texas welcomes football fans to the Cotton Bowl for Saturdays of outstanding college football.
Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic
Prairie View A&M University v. Grambling State University
Saturday, October 1, 2016 – Kickoff: 4 p.m.
Since the 1980s, Grambling State Tigers and Prairie View A&M Panthers have traveled to Dallas during the State Fair to go head-to-head on the grass of the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium. The Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic is filled with great football for four quarters and a stunning battle of the bands during halftime.
Game tickets are purchased through each university’s athletic office. A ticket to the 2016 Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic includes admission to the State Fair of Texas on game day – Saturday, October 1, 2016.
AT&T Red River Showdown – University of Texas v. University of Oklahoma
Saturday, October 8, 2016 – Kickoff: 11 a.m.
More than 100,000 people travel to the State Fair for the AT&T Red River Showdown game between the Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners. The game, played in Cotton Bowl Stadium since 1929, is an iconic staple of the State Fair.
Game tickets are purchased through each university’s athletic office. A ticket to the 2016 Red River Showdown includes admission to the State Fair of Texas on game day – Saturday, October 8, 2016.
New for 2016 – Air Force Academy v. New Mexico Lobos
Saturday, October 15, 2016 – Kickoff: 2:30 p.m.
The State Fair of Texas and the City of Dallas are proud to welcome football fans from the Air Force Academy and the University of New Mexico to historic Cotton Bowl Stadium for a matchup between the Falcons and the Lobos.
Game tickets are purchased through each university’s athletic office. A ticket to the 2016 game includes admission to the State Fair of Texas on game day – Saturday, October 15, 2016.
Cotton Bowl Stadium Information
All bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium.
- All Bags, including backpacks
- Purses that exceed 10” x 10”
- Medical Bags will be inspected upon entry
- All weapons of any sort
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Artificial Noisemakers (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, umbrellas, etc.
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 10”. Video cameras and tripods
- Any explosive or flammable items
- Food & Beverages
- Any items deemed a safety hazard or annoyance (balls, balloons, firearms, fireworks, Frisbees, glass, hard plastic or metal water bottles, laser pointers, etc.)
- Pets (service dogs permitted)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Any type of seat cushions or chair backs
- Baby seats