Voting has now ended. Stay tuned to see the winner of the Big Tex Choice Awards Video Contest.
Who may enter
The contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are over the age of 21. Employees of the State Fair of Texas and the any State Fair of Texas concessionaire and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respected spouses) or persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to enter or win the contest.
All entries must be submitted by 5:00 PM CST on Thursday, August 7, 2014.
Picking the Finalist: State Fair of Texas staff will select the 20 best video submissions.
Picking the Winner: Visitors to bigtex.com will vote for their favorite video during the voting period, which runs Friday, August 8, 2014 beginning at 9 AM CST through 5 PM CST on Thursday, August 14, 2014.
Announcing the Winner: The video with the largest numbers of votes will be announced on Friday, August 15, 2014.
Finalists: The creator of the video who are selected as finalist for the contest will receive a pair of season passes to the 2014 State Fair of Texas.
Winner: The creator of the winning video will be part of the judging panel for the 2014 Big Tex Choice Awards to be held on Monday, September 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM. They will also receive a pair of season passes to the 2014 State Fair of Texas.
- Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long and must not exceed 1 minute.
- The entrant and all persons appearing in the video or in any way associated with its production must be 21 years of age or older.
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including copyrighted background music) unless you have the rights to the material.
- Videos must be the entrant’s original creation.
- Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of State Fair of Texas.
- Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
- If your video includes persons other than yourself, you must have consent from those persons to appear in your video and in this contest.
- State Fair of Texas reserves the right to reject, not to use or make available for public viewing, or at any time remove any video that the State Fair of Texas finds unsuitable for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
- If winner is not available to serve as the judge on September 1. 2014 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, they will forfeit the opportunity.
- The State Fair of Texas is not responsible for any travel expenses a winner might incur in attending the contest on September 1, 2014.
- All submitted videos may be used for promotional purposes by the State Fair of Texas.