A cool Texas breeze and the beautiful array of lights on Dallas’ night skyline naturally draw in a large crowd of fairgoers each evening. But can you really get the full fair experience after 5 p.m.? Absolutely!
Check out our list below, 7 Things You Can Do at the Fair After 5 p.m.
1. See the Fair from a Bird’s-Eye View– The Texas Star sores 212 feet in the air and the Top ‘O Texas Tower reaches 500 feet. Where better to see the lights of the Fair and the Dallas skyline?
2. Visit the State Fair Wine Garden– Exclusively offering wines made in the Lone Star State, the State Fair Wine Garden is the perfect place to relax after dark. Plus, it is a great vantage point to see the nightly Starlight Parade.
3. Mattress Firm Illumination Sensation– Lighting up the night, the Mattress Firm Illumination Sensation perfectly blends high energy pop music and sophisticated acrobat dancers with art, technology and pyrotechnics in Fair Park’s historical Esplanade. Begins nightly at 8 p.m.
4. Starlight Parade– A longtime State Fair tradition, the nightly Starlight Parade hosts a procession of more than 10 Texas-themed floats. The parade includes lively music, historic parade wagons, stilt walkers, animated characters in costume, and more. Begins nightly at 7:15 p.m.
5. Texas Auto Show Truck Zone– Enjoy the debut of some of the newest, fastest and biggest trucks on the market at the Auto Show’s outdoor Truck Zone. Filled with interactive activities and displays, the Truck Zone is the perfect destination for car lovers to stop by after the Texas heat fades for the evening.
6. Enjoy a Show on the Chevrolet Main Stage– The State Fair of Texas presents 24 days of free concerts on the Chevrolet Main Stage, featuring a variety of musical acts across all genres. The stage showcases national and regional talent of all types, with evening performances from artists like Maren Morris, Flo Rida, Pat Green and many more.
7. Get in HALF Price– Bring an empty Dr Pepper can and admission is only $9 after 5 p.m.
For more information and other great ideas for getting the most out of the Fair after 5 p.m., be sure and check our daily schedule regularly.