Nestled in the middle of Fair Park sits Cotton Bowl Stadium, the historic home of the iconic Red River Showdown and other gridiron matches.
More than 100,000 people travel to the State Fair for the AT&T Red River Showdown game between the Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners. The game, played in Cotton Bowl Stadium since 1929, is an iconic staple of the State Fair.
State Fair Gate and Building Times
Due to the early kickoff time for the Red River Showdown, the State Fair has adjusted gate and building open times for Saturday, October 11.
- 7 a.m. – Parking lots and gates open; Coupon booths begin sales; Outside restrooms open
- 8 a.m. – Midway opens; Tower Building Food Court opens; Outdoor concession stands open
- 9 a.m. – Indoor/outdoor exhibit buildings open; Indoor concession stands open
AT&T Red River Showdown – University of Texas v. University of Oklahoma
Saturday, October 11, 2014 – Kickoff: 11 a.m.
Cotton Bowl Bag Policy and Prohibited Items
All bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium.
- All Bags, including backpacks
- Purses that exceed 10” x 10”
- Medical Bags will be inspected upon entry
- All weapons of any sort
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Artificial Noisemakers (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, umbrellas, etc.
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 10”. Video cameras and tripods
- Any explosive or flammable items
- Food & Beverages
- Any items deemed a safety hazard or annoyance (balls, balloons, firearms, fireworks, Frisbees, glass, hard plastic or metal water bottles, laser pointers, etc.)
- Pets (service dogs permitted)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Any type of seat cushions or chair backs
- Baby seats
Driving to the State Fair
To make sure you arrive at the State Fair in a timely manner, visit the following pages for directions:
Traveling to the State Fair via DART Light Rail
With stations all across the Dallas area, DART Light Rail service offers one of the easiest ways to travel to the State Fair and Red River Showdown.
DART has made special changes to its normal route to handle crowds for the annual Red River Showdown. To learn about changes and find a station near you, visit the following pages for information:
After the Game – Red River MusicFest
Fairgoers are in for a special treat on Saturday, October 11, when the inaugural “Red River MusicFest” makes its debut, starring red dirt country artists Deryl Dodd, Cody Canada & The Departed, Jason Boland & The Stragglers and the Casey Donahew Band.
The “Red River MusicFest” will follow one of the largest rivalries in college football, the University of Texas Longhorns against the University of Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Showdown. This new festival is FREE with State Fair admission.Red River MusicFest Information