State Fair of Texas Homeschool Ticket Program
Aligning with the organization’s mission to celebrate all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement, the Fair is happy to announce that it has expanded the number of free tickets for students who are homeschooled and living within a 100-mile radius of Fair Park to 20,000 tickets. Registration is required to be eligible for homeschool tickets.
Overview of the Fair’s Homeschool Ticket Program
• Student tickets are valid each Monday – Friday of the 2019 State Fair of Texas for children in pre-K through 12th grade. NOTE: Children ages 2 and younger do not require a ticket to enter the State Fair of Texas.
• Twenty-thousand complimentary homeschool student tickets will be made available, first come, first served. This program does not offer complimentary tickets for teachers. Discount admission tickets are available for purchase.
• In order to receive a link to the limited amount of homeschool tickets, you must register for the State Fair Homeschool list. This list will receive first access to the allotment of tickets available. NOTE: if you received Homeschool Tickets in 2018, you are already on the list.
• The allotment will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
• Due to demand and the limited availability of tickets, duplicate orders will not be allowed.
• Tickets will be delivered through an email as a “print-at-home ticket.” The tickets can be printed at home or stored digitally on a phone. Tickets will be scanned at the gates of the Fair for entry.
• Discounted admission tickets for parents and teachers: homeschool parents will have the opportunity when requesting student tickets to purchase discounted admission tickets for $12.50 (limit 2 per family.)
• The tickets allotted to the Homeschool Ticket Program are only available online through distributed link and cannot be reserved by email, mail, or phone.
• Reselling of any State Fair of Texas tickets is prohibited and will render tickets null and void.
• The State Fair of Texas reserves the right to cancel ticket orders for complimentary tickets and prohibit future participation in the Homeschool Ticket Program should a participant be found in violation of the Community Rules below.
• The State Fair of Texas supports all school ticket programs with TEKS-aligned Curriculums developed in partnership with Big Thought for grades 4 through 12. Download Curriculum.
Community Rules for Homeschool Ticket Program
The State Fair of Texas offers the Homeschool Ticket Program as an extension of its mission to support education in Texas. In return, we expect the participants of the program to follow our community rules. The State Fair of Texas reserve the rights to cancel ticket orders for complimentary tickets and prohibit future participation in the Homeschool Ticket Program should a participant be found in violation of the Community Rules.
- Participants in the program certify they live within a 100-mile radius of Fair Park by requesting tickets.
- Due to limited quantities, duplicate tickets requests are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting tickets with the same mailing address but different email address and using different names on requests. NOTE: The Fair’s ticketing system detects if additional requests are coming from the same IP address. Requests from the same IP address will be voided.
- The Fair respectfully requests that you only request the number of tickets you plan to use allowing the maximum amount of families to participate in the program.
- If multiple orders are found to be from the same family, all orders will be canceled, and all requested tickets will be rendered null and void.
- Reselling of tickets is prohibited and will render requested tickets null and void.
- The Fair prohibits the sharing of the link to the online allocation of tickets on social media. Participants in the program must register in advance on the State Fair website to receive the link. Any participant found to be violation of this rule (posting link on a social media channel) will have their order canceled and all requested tickets will be rendered null and void.
- Violation of the terms and conditions will result in being banned from future participation in the program.
If you have questions about the State Fair’s Homeschool Ticket Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Register for the State Fair Homeschool List
State Fair of Texas – Curriculum
Want to incorporate lessons about the Fair into your curriculum, before or after your visit? The Fair has partnered with Big Thought to develop TEKS-aligned lessons, available for grades 4 through 12. Just download the lessons and bring the Fair to life in the classroom.Download Curriculum