Empowering through Food Entrepreneurship
The cohort program was created to help increase the number of small business food owners in the Southern Sector of Dallas. This project is a dynamic education series for entrepreneurs created through partnerships by the State Fair of Texas. The goal of the program is to help existing food businesses prepare their product for inclusion in festivals and fairs across the region and educate owners in business operations. Participants must be located within the Southern Sector of Dallas. The six-month cohort will be comprised of seven to 12 businesses that will receive instruction in a classroom, mentoring, and hands-on opportunities for growth and exposure to the fairs and festivals industry.
– April 15: CFFE applications are due by 5:00 p.m.
– May 2 – 13: Applicants are notified of taste testing
– May 16 – 20: Applicants submit RSVPs and are assigned times for taste testing
– May 26: Taste testing
– May 27: Winners of the taste testing are notified.
– June 3: CFFE classes begin (in-person)
– June 16: CFEE class
– July 7: CFFE class
– August 4: CFFE class
– August 18: CFFE class
– September 1: CFEE class
– Week of September 12: All deliverables are due
– Week of September 19: CFFE participants are paired with concessionaires
– September 30 through October 23: 2022 State Fair of Texas
– November 3: 2022 CFFE Graduation