Blue Ribbons Are Waiting to be Awarded
Your creative journey begins here and the State Fair of Texas can’t wait to see your entry. To help you get started on that process, here are a few tips to keep in mind as you register:
1. Be sure you know what contest or contests you want to enter before you start the online registration process. The Creative Arts Handbook has a complete listing of all contests with their rules. Download your copy of the Handbook Here.
2. You can enter as many contests as you would like. Just be sure to carefully read the rules for each contest for any restrictions that may apply.
3. Arts & Crafts Contests happen BEFORE the Fair. Items entered in Arts & Crafts contests must be mailed or delivered to the Creative Arts Department before August 12, 2020. Items can only be delivered between August 7 to August 9 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
4. Cooking Contests happen DURING the Fair. You can register now for the contest, but you won’t bring your tasty items until the day of the contest. Read the rules for each cooking contest and set yourself a reminder for the day of the contest to deliver your items to the Fair between 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
5. All ages are welcome. The Fair has lots of contests with youth and junior divisions. Encourage any young crafters you know to get involved!
When you register for a contest, you will be added to the Creative Texans eNewsletter, which is full of helpful tips on how to get the most out of your Creative Arts experience. Also, check out the Creative Arts 101 blog for ideas and advice to help you earn your first blue ribbon.
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, email CreativeArts@bigtex.com or call 214-421-8744.
Good luck, and we will see you at the Fair!