Provide responsible administrative support for the daily departmental operations to the Vice President – Agriculture/Livestock; coordinate departmental contracts and business documents; perform a wide variety of clerical, secretarial, and support duties; produce, file, and distribute a variety of documents; respond to requests for information from management/supervisory personnel or general public.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for departmental activities including contracts, accounting documents, volunteer coordination, and correspondence.
- Perform a wide variety of general administrative support tasks and duties, including the maintenance of accurate and detailed files and records; verify accuracy of information, research discrepancies and record information.
- Coordinate with Livestock, Horse Show & Development personnel to ensure consistent interoffice data requirements; prepare, and proofread a variety of documents including general correspondence, agendas, and reports; enter a variety of data and information into various computer programs.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepare and maintain departmental accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Provide information on departmental and SFT policies and procedures as required; and transfer inquiries to the appropriate individual or department as necessary; receive and resolve guest complaints.
- May answer multi-line telephone system.
- Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Principles of business letter writing and report preparation.
- Pertinent Federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles and procedures of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Policies and procedures of assigned department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Type or word-process at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Learn programs and services related to assigned department.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Provide effective administrative support to assigned department.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience that would likely provide the required knowledge is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Specialized training in computer software programs appropriate to SFT organization preferred. One to three years of administrative support or related experience.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED and EXERCISED
- Reports to Vice-President – Agriculture/Livestock
- Directly supervise part-time employees during fair time
- Office environment; exposure to computer screens; work closely with others.
- Livestock barns environment; exposure to animals, dirt and dust.
- Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; work consistently requires manual dexterity.