Job Title: Manager – Network Administration
Updated: June, 2016
FLSA Classification: Exempt (Computer Professional)
Compensation: Dependent upon Experience
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Manage and maintain the network technology. Install, configure and maintain physical servers and virtual computers, as well as all desktop units. Install, configure and maintain LAN/WAN, including, but not limited to fiber, T-1 lines, DSL lines, radios and Wi-Fi. Maintain employee network, email, file and print servers. Oversee the daily operations of all computer networks; including but not limited to hardware/software support, special projects and training.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage computer hardware, software, and networking for the State Fair of Texas. Coordinate and troubleshoot department computer needs, including hardware, software and networking.
- Ability to plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, peripherals and networks necessary for all fair time operations. Prepares project plans that outline expected tasks and activities.
- Plan and deploy LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Evaluate and coordinate with the hardware and software suppliers, negotiate and place necessary orders.
- Plan the budget for network, recommend proper software and hardware such as routers, hubs, hard disks, wires, etc., for networking, understanding the type and use on the network, ensuring operations meet approved budget levels..
- Administer and maintain the database servers that are hosted by the State Fair of Texas.
- Configure and set-up new servers and other requirements needed by the network.
- Administrate the State Fair’s email servers and manage the email system.
- Maintain the company’s anti-spam and anti-virus applications needed to protect the network.
- Supports the internal employee network.
- Maintain and monitor all wireless connections and fiber connections.
- Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Familiarity of network operating system, specifically Microsoft based networking programs, i.e. Active Directory, Exchange server, SQL server, etc.
- LAN Knowledge.
- Network Design and Implementation, specifically as it relates to a Windows based environment.
- Cisco Radios and network switches.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong organizational and logical thinking skills a must; advanced problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills required.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- At least seven to 10 years’ experience in network or a technology related field.
- Microsoft certifications: Desktop Administration; MSCE or MSCA a plus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED and EXERCISED
- Reports to Director – HR/IT, receives additional direction from CFO/SVP
- Office environment; exposure to computer screens.
- Fast paced seasonal schedule during specific periods of the year.
- Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, climbing and lifting 50 pounds for prolonged periods of time; finger and manual dexterity required.
- Must have the capability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb heights.